domenica 2 dicembre 2012

http://www.750words.com


This is my first day on this site, and I am really astonished by this idea. Unfortunately there is no selection of themes to inspire my creativity. You know, I just attended an interview for a creative writing class in Bologna, organized by Carlo Lucarelli. I had to write two assignments for that interview. They were short. Shorter than even this 750 words stuff. But I loved the idea to have an idea to develop. And so here I am, writing to myself. In English. I am Italian, but I often read and write in English for my former job. I am now unemployed, but I was a software engineer. And a good one. Unfortunately here in Italy you have no choice: cheat, or be cheated. I realized too late that I was too honest to make a living in this country. So I am now considering something more dishonest. But something that is so dishonest in nature that no one expects you to be honest, and tell the truth when you become a writer.

Yes, I received some positive feedback about my writings in the past, even from professional creatives. That does not just mean writers. Just people that work in a creative environment. An illustrator, a DJ, and an editor told me good about my writings. So I tried to join Bottega Finzioni, the creative writing classes I attended an interview for in Bologna the other week. It was nice to attend that interview, as it didn't look like an interview to me. Just writing, and talking about writing. They seemed really interested in me, and so I hope they were. They will let me know in the first week of December, so still 10 days to go, but I really hope that my skills interested them enough to admit me on the courses. For sure Bologna is far. It is three hours by train (including transfers) so I might consider going there by car next time as Google Maps says in will be 2h40m and I will not have to wait for transfer.

I do not know if my memories are real not not but I might actually have kicked the school's boss in the ass long ago (but he liked it!). He is the guy that developed the idea of "Almost True". A self parody. Because he was doing TV shows about mafia conducted with a peculiar style that fits him and him only. But I style that I like. And the suspense he creates even when talking about blatantly fake stuff. Myths that he covers as if they where real, with even made up witness evidence. The innuendo when he talks is so warm, and leading that he is irresistible when he does that.

I started to know about him... yes... when I kicked him in the ass, but I learned to appreciate him more, and more as time goes by. I want to write with him, I want to know him more, and more. I do not know if I am in love with someone who is 15 years older than I am, but I want to give him a chance because he is smart, and cute. Which is terrific! And, of course, I want to read more books that he wrote. Because he has a very unique style that I find very attractive. I heard him talk at a radio show long ago about a soccer match, as he likes, and plays soccer he liked the argument so much that he set up the radio show. It wasn't live, but his voice was so hrrrrrrr that I couldn't resist listening to him. Anyway it was about soccer so I lost interest real soon, and that was unfortunate. I never liked, or even understood, soccer. Especially the hatred that shrouds soccer fan clubs. They often end up insulting each other, and sometimes the whole fan thing ended up in violence. Which is not what sport is about. Sports are about competition, yes, but honest competition, indeed. Fanatics screaming at each other in hatred will never be a thing that I will consider "sport". Hatred is not sport. Mafia is hatred. Organized crime is hatred. Well, yes, soccer is mafia, and organized crime so I suspect that the whole soccer hatred stuff perfectly fits with that.

And I finally managed to have a much larger typeface on this page! Yes, the default size was way too small for my screen. So I hit settings, and fixed the font size. Maybe now it is a big too large, but I now know where to set it up!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento